In first quarter 2012, IFWTWA launched its Infinity Publishing – IFWTWA Award, a writing competition for IFWTWA members only. This award program is made possible by the generous sponsorship of Infinity Publishing.
Now, with blogging and photography being important parts of the food, wine/beverage and travel media landscapes, IFWTWA is adding two new categories to the Infinity Publishing – IFWTWA Award: Blogging and Photography, each with a $250 prize.
Blogging Entry Guidelines:
• Blog post content must include a destination and/or at least one host from an IFWTWA press trip.
• Post must be about travel, food or wine/beverages, or any combination thereof.
• No word count limit.
• Two-year limit between the press trip and blog post.
• The blog post must have been posted since Jan 1, 2011.
Blog entries will be evaluated in four areas by the IFWTWA Excellence Awards Committee:
• Grammar, punctuation, spelling
• Composition and structure
• Distinctiveness of style and voice
• Degree to which the story resonates with the reader
Photography Entry Guidelines:
• The photo subject must be about a destination and/or a host from an IFWTWA press trip, and be about travel, food or wine/beverages, or any combination thereof.
• Entry must be digital and less than 10MB.
• Two-year limit between press trip and photo publication.
• The photo must have been published online or in print since Jan 1, 2011.
Photo entries will be evaluated in four areas by the IFWTWA Excellence Awards Committee:
• Distinctiveness of style
• Degree to which the photo resonates with the viewer
Entry fee is $15.00 per single blog post or photo entry; send entry fee check, identified as Infinity Publishing – IFWTWA Award entry, to:
International Food Wine & Travel Writers Association, 1142 South Diamond Bar Boulevard #177, Diamond Bar, CA 91765-2203
Email submission as a link to the blog post with the subject line “Infinity Publishing – IFWTWA Award entry” to:
Allen Cox, IFWTWA Awards Committee Chair
In the email, identify the IFWTWA press trip the blog post or photo is about and the dates of the trip. There is no limit to the number of entries per IFWTWA member. IFWTWA Excellence/Scholarship Awards Committee members may enter the competition and will be exempt from evaluating their own entry.
Entry deadline is December 31, 2012.
The evaluation period will be in first quarter 2013.
Awards will be made in April 2013.