Media Bistro is a must read in my email. It keeps me up-to-date and offers great suggestions. This topic crosses all industries, but appropriate. You can read the entire article here in detail. I’ve just listed the topics of each point. I highly recommend the article. I’m always looking for new opportunites for writing outlets. Many of these topics with the descriptions shown in the article are true. I know them and have known them, but it is always good to have a reminder. It seems when you are rushing out the door, you tend to forget one or two.
These big blunders could be the reason you didn’t get the job:
1. Be clueless about the company.
2. Talk too soon about money.
3. Be late, or worse, too early.
4. Forget copies of your resume.
5. Trash a previous employer.
6. Lack enthusiasm.
7. Not prepare questions in advance.
8. Talk too much.
9. Leave your cell phone on.
Maralyn D. Hill, President
Finalist in the Writing and Publishing category of the 2009 Next Generation Indie Book Awards, “$uccess, Your Path to a Successful Book,”