|I am passing this on to our blog readers as it is a great opportunity. It’s not to late to start.Hi everyone,
Welcome to the latest installment of National Travel Writing Month (NaTraWriMo). The goal of this project is to challenge you to start working on those freelancing goals you’ve set for yourself this year.
What you’re expected to do
- Whether you’re a travel writer, travel blogger, or travel photographer, your goal for the month of January is to send out a query, pitch, and/or letter of introduction to a publication (print or online) you’d like to see your work published in for the next 30 days.
- This challenge is mostly for those who are freelancers writing and/or photographing for other publications and not necessarily for their own blogs.
- We’re assuming you already know how to craft a solid pitch. NaTraWriMo will not be teaching you how to write one.
- The goal is not to bombard inboxes of editors with poorly thought-out queries. Please do your research when approaching a publication and make sure your pitches are tailored to the publication’s needs.
- Please remain professional when approaching publications you’d like to be published in.
How to get started
How to record your progress
- Once you’ve sent out your pitch, go to the “Daily Update” page and find the thread for the particular day you sent your pitch. You can share some information about the pitch you sent, but please – do not share the editor’s name, publication, or even your idea so it doesn’t get poached.
- Under “Edit Profile“, update your NaTraWriMo count, and save your updates.
Welcome to NaTraWriMo and looking forward to seeing how we all work towards our goals this month!
Administrators – Lanora Mueller & Lola Akinmade Åkerström.
Visit National Travel Writing Month at: http://natrawrimo.ning.com/?xg_source=msg_mes_network
CityRoom, JustLuxe, The Epoch Times, Big Blend, Spa Review Magazine, Global Writes
Finalist in the Writing and Publishing category of the 2009 Next Generation Indie Book Awards, “$uccess, Your Path to a Successful Book,”