The following excerpt is from INDIE Finalist “Success, Your Path to a Successful Book,” by Maralyn D. Hill and Brenda C. Hill.
How do you choose a POD publisher?
- Talk to others.
- Read publishers’ contracts thoroughly.
- Go online to writers’ forums and see what others say.
- A Google Search for Print on Demand will provide current articles on the subject.
- Set-up costs matter. Free or low cost does not necessarily mean best.
- Do you want or need color printing? Color limits the number of POD publishers.
- Do you want to include a CD with your book? Some POD publishers offer that service.
- Do the publishers charge an annual fee to keep you listed on their website?
- Do the publishers accept book returns from book stores?
- What type of discount does the author receive?
- How often do publishers pay royalties?
- How do they distribute your book?
- Do they have a website with pages devoted to your book?
- Do they provide you with the details to format your own book or must you pay extra to use their formatting service?
- What if any rights do they expect to have? Be sure you maintain your copyright.
There is still more.
Maralyn D. Hill & Brenda C. Hill
International Food Wine & Travel Writers Association
Books By Hills Success Log Global Log