It is important to understand some of the statistics of publishing:
- According to the Association of American Publishers website in 2006, http://www.publishers.org, the net sales for books in 2005 was $25.1 billion.
- R.R. Bowker LLC website, http://www.bowker.com in 2006, said 172,000 new titles and editions were published in 2005. They also reported 83,000 publishers provide input to Books-in-Print.
According to 2007 Writer’s Market from Writers Digest Books, the major publishers are:
- Harper Collins, http://www.harpercollins.com
- Hachette Book Group USA (formerly Time Warner Book Group), http://www.twbookmark.com
- Holtzbrick Publishers, http://www.holtzbrick.com
- Penguin Group (USA), Inc., http://www.penguingroup.com
- Random House, Inc, http://www.randomhouse.com
- Simon & Schuster, http://www.simonsays.com
International Food Wine & Travel Writers Association
Books By Hills Success Log Global Log
Finalist in the Writing and Publishing category of the 2009 Next Generation Indie Book Awards,
“$uccess, Your Path to a Successful Book,”