This excerpt from, “Success, Your Path to a Successful Book,” by Maralyn D. Hill and Brenda C. Hill is the end of the journaling chapter–except for all the references.
Trigger topics and exercises we have used:
- If I had 3 months to live, or even one day, what would I do first?
- Write a letter to someone telling them exactly how you feel. You may want to wait a day before sending it. You may decide just getting the words on paper released what was inside.
- What is high on your wish list and why? What do you need to achieve this?
- Imagine a private photo with special meaning and write about it.
- What brings you sadness or anger? What can you do so as not to let these emotions have power over you?
- If I could change something, what would it be?
- What’s good about it? Take any difficult situation and ask yourself that question. It can help you turn things around.
- Paint a portrait with words of the kindest or most admirable person you know.
Try journaling… we think you’ll like it. It can be a wonderful way to get your memoirs started.
Be sure to sign up for a copy of our new posts as soon as they happen. We do not sell your names and you can remove yourself from list whenever you want.